Travis Mahoney will make his Olympic debut in Rio after a breakthrough performance at the selection trials in Adelaide on the opening night where he finished second in the most gruelling of events, the 400m individual medley.
Cheered on by his Nunawading teammates in the stands, Mahoney finished in a personal best time of 4:14.98s, behind only Thomas Fraser-Holmes.
The Melbourne swimmer made his international debut at the World Short Course Championships in Turkey four years ago where he won bronze in the 4x100m freestyle relay and finished 7th in the 200m backstroke.
He went on to compete at the 2014 Commonwealth Games where he placed sixth in the 400m Individual Medley and the Pan Pacific Games on the Gold Coast where he was seventh.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
200m Individual Medley Men, 400m Individual Medley Men
Box Hill, VIC, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 2nd (400 individual medley) - 2016 Brisbane Grand Prix (Brisbane, Australia)
- 2nd (400m individual medley) – 2016 Australian Swimming Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 1st (400m individual medley) – 2016 NSW Open Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 2nd (400m individual medley) – 2015 Australian Short Course Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 6th (400m individual medley) – 2015 World University Games (Gwangju, South Korea)
Rohan Taylor (2009-current)
Nunawading Swimming club
Victorian Institute of Sport
Primary Training Base