London Olympian Thomas Fraser-Holmes became the first swimmer to book a spot on the 2016 Australian Olympic Team, claiming his seventh straight national 400m individual medley title (4:11.09) on the first night of trials.
In a performance which brought down the house at the trials, Fraser-Holmes went on to secure a spot in the men’s 200m freestyle with a thrilling dead heat for gold with fellow Rio teammate Cam McEvoy in 1:45.63.
Four years ago in his Olympic debut, Fraser-Holmes finished seventh in the finals of both the 400m individual medley and 200m freestyle. He was also fifth as a part of the Australian 4 x 200m freestyle team that missed out on the medal dais by 0.7secs.
Fraser-Holmes, born in Newcastle, claimed the 200m freestyle at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and at the Pan Pac Championships on the Gold Coast.
With three tattoos - the Commonwealth Games symbol, kangaroo and star – the Miami Swimming Club athlete will be aiming to make a splash in Brazil.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
200m Freestyle Men, 200m Individual Medley Men, 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay Men, 400m Individual Medley Men
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- London 2012 - 7th (200m freestyle), 7th (400m individual medley), 5th (4x200m freestyle relay)
- 1st (400 IM), 2nd (200m freestyle) - 2016 Brisbane Grand Prix (Brisbane, Australia)
- 1st (400 IM), 1st (200m freestyle) - 2016 Australian Open Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 3rd (4x200m freestyle relay) – 2015 World Championships (Kazan, Russia)
- 1st (200m freestyle) – 2014 Commonwealth Games (Glasgow, Great Britain)
- 1st (200m freestyle) – 2014 Pan Pacific Games (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Winning gold in the 4 x 200m freestyle relay and bronze in the 200m freestyle at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi
- St Joseph's Primary School (NSW, Australia)
- St Francis Xavier's College (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Griffith University Gold Coast
Denis Cottrell (2010 - present)
Primary Training Base
Gold Coast, Australia
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- ou est le swimming pool
- Dream car
- Personal Motto
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Commonwealth Games symbol, kangaroo and star
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be