Nikita Pablo will realise her Olympic dream when she takes to the pool at Rio 2016, following her selection from the synchronised swimming team trials in Perth in April.
Pablo took up the sport at the age of nine and currently swims at the Gold Coast Mermaids Synchronised Swimming Club, coached by Marina Kholod.
Pablo was part of the successful 2015 World Championships team which qualified Australia for Rio by finishing higher than New Zealand. She also competed at the FINA World Trophy in China 2015 and swam a thematic duet routine together with Bianca Hammett.
The Queenslander speaks four languages: English, Papiamento, Dutch and Spanish.
Her sporting inspiration is Spanish swimmer Ona Carbonell, because she admires the way she is smooth and elegant in her swimming, but also vibrant and strong.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Duet Women, Team Women
Southport, QLD, Australia
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- Qualified synchro australia in the team and duet event at the FINA World Championship at Kazan, russia.
- Setting a high score and getting 5th for team and duet event at the spanish open in Barcelona, Spain
- Scol Basico Washington ( Noord, Aruba)
- Colegio Arubano (Oranjestad, Aruba)
- Bachelor of Science - Griffith University (2014 - current)
Marina Kholod (2006-current) - club coach
Gold Coast Mermaids, Southport, QLD, Australia
Queensland Academy of Sport Australia Institute of Sport
Primary Training Base
Gold coast , Australia
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Miami, Florida
- Favourite music
- Easy listening
- Dream car
- Range Rover
- Personal Motto
- The pin of discipline is easier then the pain of regret.
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Boost juice
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Spanish synchrofree team routine at London 2012
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Ona Carbonell
- Why this sport?
- It is very challenging and has a combination of different sports like swimming, gymnastics and diving.