After sitting on the sideline with a serious knee injury for the 2015-16 World Series, Nick Malouf returned in time to impress at the side’s final training camp squad in June 2016 to make the final squad.
Born in Sunnybank, Queensland, Malouf was originally a flanker in the 15-man game with the University of Queensland before he turned his focus to sevens.
He made his international debut at the 2012 Dubai World Series tournament and quickly established himself as a regular in the team. He played in every game of the 2013 and 2014 World Series before rupturing his ACL in September 2015.
The Queenslander is currently studying a Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Commerce.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Rugby - Sevens
Rugby Sevens Men
Sunnybank, QLD, Australia
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- Robertson State School (QLD, Australia)
- Anglican Church Grammar School (QLD, Australia)
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce (2011 - current)
Andy Friend (2016 - current)
University of Queensland, QLD, Australia
Sydney Academy of Sport
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Stradbroke Island
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- Aston Martin
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman
- First Olympic Memory?
- Sydney 2000 Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Most Influential person in your career/life