Having followed in his footsteps of his father Braham, Nathan Hart began track cycling when he was 12 having been identified in the ACT Academy of Sport talent search program.
The Canberran appeared at his first senior national championships in 2012 and made his World Cup debut in late 2013 where he finished third in the team sprint. Alongside London 2012 Olympian Shane Perkins and Matt Glaetzer, he won team sprint bronze at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games before winning silver with them at the London World Cup event.
After his father missed out on competing at the World Championships due to a broken wrist over three decades earlier, Hart got his first chance in 2015 where he Glaetzer and Perkins, the trio finished sixth.
A year on, and this time riding with Rio 2016 teammates Glaetzer and Pat Constable, the trio went agonisingly close to racing off for World Championship bronze. The trio clocked a time of 43.497, just 0.001 seconds behind Germany and 0.01 seconds behind France as they finished in fifth.
Off the track, Hart is studying a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Movement and Health Studies.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Cycling - Track
Team Sprint Men
Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Rio will be Olympic debut
- 5th (team sprint) – 2016 Track Cycling World Championships (London, Great Britain)
- 4th (team sprint) – 2016 UCI Track World Cup (Hong Kong, China)
- 5th (team sprint) – 2015 Track Cycling World Championships (Saint-Quentin-En-Yvelines, France)
- 5th (team sprint) – 2015 Australian Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- 3rd (team sprint) – 2014 Commonwealth Games (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Bronze medal in Team Sprint at 2014 Commonwealth Games (With Shane Perkins and Matthew Glaetzer)
- Qualifying for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Monash Primary School (ACT, Australia)
- Melrose High School (ACT, Australia)
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Human Movement/ Health Studies (2014-)
Gary West/ Nick Flyger (2014- current)
ANU Cycling Club (ACT, Australia)
CA HPU/ ACTAS
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite music
- The Roots, Flying Lotus, Radiohead, Fat Freddy's Drop, Stones Throw Records
- Dream car
- Porsche 911
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman at the Sydney 2000 Olympics
- First Olympic Memory?
- Watching Sydney 2000 Olympics