Smashing his 17 month-old 800 metre personal best at a meet in Germany in late June, moved Peter Bol into contention for Olympic selection. His time of 1:45.78 was an Olympic qualifier and promoted him to 17th on the Australian all-time list. He received the nod from selectors who deliberated over four qualified athletes, naming Bol to make his Olympic debut in Rio.
He is coached by former 800 metres runner, Justin Rinaldi, after he relocated from Perth to Melbourne.
Bol was born in Sudan and immigrated to Australia via Egypt at the age of six with his family. He is currently studying via correspondence a Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics from Curtin Uni.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Sudan , Sudan
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- 1st (800m) - 2016 Wiesbaden Meet (Wiesbaden, Germany)
- 5th (800m) - 2016 Australian Athletics Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 8th (800m) - 2016 IAAF World Challenge (Melbourne, Australia)
- 2nd (800m) - 2016 Perth Track Classic (Perth, Australia)
- 8th (800m) - 2016 Adelaide Track Classic (Adelaide, Australia)
- Winning Australian U20 800m National Championship.
- Placing fifth at the Australian Commonwealth trials, 2014 .
- Running a World University Games qualifier and 4th ranked 800m Australian, 2015.
- St. Norberts (WA, Australia)
- Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics at Curtin Uni, via correspondence (2014 - )
Justin Rinaldi (2015 - current)
St Kevins College ( Melbourne, Australia) and West Track Athletics (Perth, Australia)
Primary Training Base
- Favourite holiday destination
- Europe - Belgium, London, Amsterdam
- Favourite music
- Hip hop/R&B
- Dream car
- Range Rover
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- David Rudisha running a world record at the 2012 Olympics
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Why this sport?
- It's individual, fun and allows you to grow both mentally and physically.