Rapidly becoming one of world golf’s hottest properties, Lee has become a model of consistency on the LPGA Tour in just her second season, missing just one cut to date in 2016 and winning twice in just 18 months on the world’s biggest stage.
Lee finished the Rio 2016 qualification period ranked 12th on the Olympic rankings. She won the LPGA Tour event in Hawaii in April 2016 and in May 2015 her first tour title in Virginia, USA.
A former world No.1 amateur, Lee graduated to pro ranks after a glittering string of results. The 2012 US girls’ junior champion, the Perth ace won the Australian Amateur in 2013 and defended the title in 2014, the same year she won the Oates Victorian Open against the pros of the ALPG Tour as an amateur.
Perhaps the highlight of her junior days was winning the World Amateur Team Championship alongside Su Oh (and Shelly Shin) in 2014, the week before she turned pro and finished T16 in the year’s fifth major, the Evian Championship. Three months later, she won medallist honours at the LPGA Tour’s Q-school and has not looked back since.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Subiaco, WA, Australia
Perth, WA, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- Champion 2016 LOTTE Championship
- Champion 2015 Kingsmill Classic
- 7th 2015 CME Group LPGA Tour Championship
- 9th 2015 Ricoh Women’s British Open
- 6th 2016 Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic
- First tour victory in May 2015 in Virginia, USA on first year as a pro
- Champion LPGA Tour event in Hawaii in April 2016
- World Amateur Team Championship alongside Su Oh (and Shelly Shin) in 2014
- Star Sign