Tasmanian Meaghan Volker will make her Olympic debut in Rio as a part of the women’s eight.
She returned to Australia in 2015 and began rowing with the women’s eight after three years in the USA where she rowed and studied at UCLA.
The Buckingham RC athlete, who is coached locally by Neil Stump, was twice named an All American rower, 2nd Class in 2013 and 1st Class in 2014.
Her first international event in the Australian eight crew came at the World Rowing Cup 3 2015. She went on to compete at the 2015 World Championships where Australia finished second in the B Final.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Megsie, Meags, Megs
Hobart, Tasmania, TAS, Australia
Berriedale, TAS, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 3rd - Final Olympic Qualification Regatta (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 8th - 2015 World Championships (Aiguebelette, France)
- Getting the chance to compete in Rio.
- Holy Rosary Primary School (TAS, Australia)
- The Friends' School (TAS, Australia)
- Bachelor of Arts (Geography)- University of California, Los Angeles (2012-2014)
Neil Stump (2010-current)
Buckingham Rowing Club, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Tasmanian Institute of Sport
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base