Alongside Rio 2016 teammates Sam Willoughby and Caroline Buchanan, Lauren Reynolds will become one of the first athletes to become a dual Olympian in BMX for Australia in Rio after the discipline made its Olympic debut at the Beijing 2008 Games.
The West Australian headed into her debut Games in London ranked inside the top ten in the world and coming off the back of a bronze medal at the test event. She qualified 9th fastest in the seeding run and after finishing 6th and 5th in her opening two semi-final races she needed a good result in the final run. Unfortunately she was bumped and crashed out to finish 15th overall.
A strong 2015 saw Reynolds win the Oceania Championships, finish fifth at the World Championships and claim three top eight finishes in World Cup events including a third in Angelhom, Sweden. At the end of the year Reynolds had a chance to see the 2016 Games track first hand at the Rio test event where she claimed a fourth place finish.
After a knee reconstruction at the end of 2013 she bounced back to form the following year winning both the Australian National Series and the Oceania Championships.
Following a third placed finish at the 2016 Oceania Championships, Reynolds secured four podium finishes in the USA BMX circuit including her first win on the tour. She progressed through to the semi-finals at the 2016 World Championships before finishing eighth and heads into the Rio 2016 Games ranked inside the world’s top ten.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Cycling - BMX
Bunbury, WA, Australia
Perth, WA, Australia
- London 2012 - 15th
- 16th - 2016 World Championships (Medellin, Colombia)
- 1st - USA BMX Mile High Nationals 2 (Colorado, USA)
- 13th - 2016 World Cup 3 (Papendal, Netherlands)
- 13th - 2016 World Cup 2 (Manchester, UK)
- 18th - 2016 World Cup 1 (Santiago del Estero, Argentina)
- Competing at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- 2013 World Silver medalist
- 2014 World cup Podium Bronze
- Leschenault Catholic Primary School (WA, Australia)
- Bunbury Catholic College (WA, Australia)
Sean Dwight 2014 - current)
Bunbury BMX Club
Primary Training Base
San Diego, California
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Japanese Food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Im still searching, I love everywhere!
- Favourite music
- Country, Indie, Hip Hop.
- Dream car
- Range Rover Sport
- Personal Motto
- Life is short, do what you love, love what you do. If it makes you smile, do it.
- Star Sign
- Tattoo: A really small 'bmx' on the side of my hip. I did this with my best friend and my sister Hayley as little symbol that means a lot to each of us. Piercing: Small stud just under my lip on the left hand side - just for a little while.
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be