World Championship silver medallist (K2 1000m) Lachlan Tame will be looking to add an Olympic medal to his collection being selected in the K2 1000m for Rio. He will be paired with Ken Wallace who is competed in his third Olympics.
Born on the mid NSW coast, Tame joined the Avoca Surf Club as a five-year-old. He started paddling at age 16 and in 2012 made a bet with a friend that he could make the Olympics, and never looked back. He first to prominence when he won the Australian Open Single Ski Championships in 2011. He went on to win the title another three times.
Along with his K2 teammate and duel Olympian, Wallace, the pair won gold in the K2 500 (non-Olympic) and silver in the K2 1000 at the 2015 ICF World Championships in Milan. These events took their 2015 ICF World Series medal tally to seven. Tame and Wallace also won silver in the K2 1000m at the 2014 World Championships in Moscow.
As a superstition, Tame has to mow his lawns before he leaves home for a competition. When he has time away from the water, Tame is a self-employed builder and spends time at the beach with his dog, Doug.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Canoe/Kayak - Sprint
K2 1000m Men
Gosford, NSW, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 1st (K4 1000) – 2016 National Sprint Championships (Perth, Australia)
- 1st (K4 1000) – 2016 Oceania Sprint Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 1st (K2 1000) – 2016 Oceania Sprint Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 2nd (K2 1000) – 2015 ICF World Championships (Milan, Italy)
- 1st (K2 1000) – 2015 ICF World Cup 1 (Montemor-o-Velho, Portugal)
- Australian single ski relay 2015
- K2 1000 2014 & 2015 world championships silver
- Hall of fame inductee Surf life saving Australia
- Avoca beach primary school now australia
- St. Edwards college nsw australia
- Cert IV
Jimmy Owens (2013 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Have to mow the lawns before I leave home before competitions
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Lakey peak Indonesia
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- Any kind Audi
- Personal Motto
- IMMER BESSER meaning "forever better in German" From Miele appliances
- Star Sign
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Grant hacket Athens
- First Olympic Memory?
- Cool runnings
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Matt jones
- Why this sport?
- Thought it was the same as ski paddling