Born in Illinois in the USA, Kevin Lisch recently got his Australian citizenship and will now get the chance to represent his adopted country at his first Olympic Games in Rio.
Lisch headed to Saint Louis College between 2005-09 where he averaged 14 points a game and was recognised as one of the Atlantic 10’s best defensive players. After going undrafted in the 2009 draft he signed with the Perth Wildcats in the NBL.
In his first year with the side he helped them win the NBL championship and in doing so won the NBL Finals MVP award. Having been one of the Wildcats best again in the 2010-11 season, he was the best in the league in 2011-12 as he won the NBL’s MVP award after scoring over 17.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists a game.
Following another strong season in Australia he headed to Puerto Rico where he would be crucial in helping Piratas de Quebradillas win the league championship. Stints in France and Spain followed before he returned to the NBL to play with the Illawarra Hawks. He averaged 19.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists to win his second NBL MVP award as the Hawks went down in the semi-finals. He returned to Piratas de Quebradillas for a short stint before Rio and will link up with the Sydney Kings following his Olympic debut.
His son Benjamin was born in Paris, France and daughter Sofia was born in Zaragoza, Spain. His brother and two sisters all played basketball in college as well his wife Rachel.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Illinois, United States
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- Winning the NBL Championship with the Perth Wildcats in 2010.
- Winning the BSN Championship with Quebradillas Piratas in 2013.
- Being selected to compete for Australia at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- Blessed Sacrament Grade School (Belleville, IL, USA)
- Althoff Catholic High School (Belleville, IL, USA)
- Bachelor of Science Major in Marketing and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - Saint Louis University (2005-2009)
Andrej Lemanis (2014 - current)
Sydney Kings, Homebush NSW, Australia
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Belleville, Illinois, USA
- Favourite food
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- Audi A5 Sportback
- Personal Motto
- I believe you should help and notice others along the way. People will forget worldly accomplishments and accolades, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Usain Bolt 100 and 200 metre world records in 2008
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- My mum, Catherine and my father, Russell
- Why this sport?
- I enjoy every aspect of basketball, especially the team environment