Kerry Hore will make Australian history at Rio, as she becomes the first female rower to compete at four Olympic Games.
Hore, who started rowing in 1997 at school, was part of the last women's crew to win a medal for Australia at an Olympic Games, when she combined with 2012 crew mate Dana Faletic, as well as Amber Bradley and Rebecca Sattin to win bronze in Athens 2004 in the women's quad scull.
One year earlier Hore made her senior World Championships debut at the age of 22 and won gold in Milan, Italy as part of the women's quad scull also featuring Faletic, Bradley and Jane Robinson.
Hore raced to a seventh place finish at the 2005 World Championships in the women's single scull, and after a year away from the sport, returned in 2007 to partner Amber Bradley to ninth in the women's double scull and qualify the boat for Beijing.
Hore was selected in the women's quad scull for the Beijing Olympic Games and London 2012 Olympic Games in the quad sculls, finishing sixth and fourth respectively. Off the water, Hore works as a pharmacist and credits her continuing love of the sport to her young crew mates who will make their Olympic debuts this year.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Quadruple Scull Women
Hobart, TAS, Australia
Canberra, ACT, Australia
- 2012 London - 4th (W4x) 2008 Beijing - 6th (W4x) 2004 Athens - 3rd (W4x)
- 2nd - (W4x) 2015 World Rowing Cup III (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- 1st – (W4x) 2014 Sydney World Cup (Sydney, Australia)
- 4th – (W4x) 2012 Olympic Games (London, Great Britain)
- 2nd - (W2x) 2011 World Rowing Championships (Bled, Slovenia)
- 2nd - (W2x) 2011 Lucerne World Cup (Lucerne, Switzerland)
- Winning gold in the women's quad scull at the 2003 World Champioships in Milan
- Mt Stuart Primary (TAS, Australia)
- Ogilvie High School and The Friends' School (TAS, Australia)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania (2000 - 2005)
Tom Westgarth (2013 - current)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Bushwalking in Tasmania
- Favourite music
- The XX, John Williamson
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- A coffee and a lotto ticket