With over a decade of experience playing in the WNBL where she has racked up over 200 games, Katie Rae-Ebzery will get her first chance at Olympic competition at Rio.
She started out at the AIS in 2005 before playing a season for the Dandenong Rangers. Following her stint with the team she walked away from the sport. Having not touched a ball for six months she began to miss the sport she had loved so much and joined the Sydney Uni Flames for the 2010/11 season and has been there ever since.
Having won two World University Games bronze medals in 2011 and 2013 she also finished third in the FIBA 3X3 Women’s World Championship in 2012.
Ebzery made her debut on the side’s 2015 European tour before the 26-year-old helped Australia qualify for the Rio Olympics as the Aussie side defeated New Zealand in the two match 2015 Oceania Championships.
Following the 2016 Olympic Games Ebzery will take up her first international contract playing with Dynamo Moscow in Russia.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Waratah, NSW, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 5 wins & 3 losses - European Tour (Italy & France)
- 1st – Rio 2016 test event (Rio, Brazil)
- 1st – 2015 Oceania Championships (Melbourne & Tauranga, New Zealand)
- 3rd – 2013 Summer Universiade (Kazan, Russia)
- Winning the 2015 Oceania Championships to qualify for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- World University Games - Bronze medals 2011 & 2013
- Getting selected to compete at Rio 2016
- St Paul's Primary School (NSW, Australia )
- St Mary's Highschool (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor Education/Secondary/Human Movement and Health Education at The University of Sydney
Shannon Seabohm (2014 - current), Brendan Joyce (2013- current)
Sydney University Flames, Australia
Primary Training Base
- Always strap my left ankle before my right
- Favourite food
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- Hip Hop & RnB
- Dream car
- Range Rover Sport
- Personal Motto
- I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying (Michael Jordan)
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Star Sign (behind ear)
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Beach Volleyball
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman winning gold at the Sydney 2000 Olympics
- First Olympic Memory?
- Sydney Olympics
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- My mum
- Why this sport?
- Because everyone can do everything on the court.