Kathryn Mitchell has been ranked consistently among the best female javelin throwers in Australia for the last decade.
Having represented Australia at the 2006 and 2010 Commonwealth Games, where she finished sixth and fifth respectively, Mitchell made her Olympic debut at the 2012 London Games and made the final, placing ninth.
Mitchell improved again at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games to place fourth. In 2014 she threw 66.10m in Australia to move to third on the Australian All-Time list.
The Victorian has a Bachelor of Applied Science, specialising in Human Movement.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Javelin Throw Women
Hamilton, VIC, Australia
Casterton, VIC, Australia
- 2012 London – 9th (javelin)
- 2nd (javelin) Monaco Diamond League (Monaco)
- 2nd (javelin) Birmingham Diamond League (Birmingham, Great Britain)
- 2nd (javelin) Doha Diamond League (Doha, Qatar)
- 1st (javelin) – 2016 IAAF World Challenge (Melbourne, Australia)
- 17th (javelin) – 2015 World Championships (Beijing, China)
- Making the final at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games
- Casterton Primary School (VIC, Australia)
- Casterton Secondary College & Ballarat High School (VIC, Australia)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement)
Uwe Hohn (2010 - current)
Primary Training Base
- Favourite holiday destination
- My aunty's place in Mission Beach, Nth Queensland
- Favourite music
- Anything easy going
- Dream car
- Mercedes Benz SL500
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- A good coffee