Joe Ingles will line up at a third straight Olympic Games in Rio having been a part of Australia’s Beijing 2008 and London 2012 campaigns.
With increased minutes in London, Ingles was second only to Patty Mills in terms of scoring for the Australian Team. He put up 15 points in just under 34 minutes per game to see him ranked as the 13th highest ranked player in terms of points per game.
Having played three seasons in the NBL where he won the rookie of the year award in 2007 and the Championship in 2009, Ingles headed to Europe where he lined up for one of the continent’s most esteemed clubs in Barcelona. A series of strong seasons in Spain, where he won two league titles, and another for Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel, caught the attention of NBA scouts and he signed with the Utah Jazz in 2014.
Ingles started 32 of the 79 games he played for the Jazz in the 2014-15 season where he averaged five points and just over two rebounds and two assists in 21 minutes per match. He reverted to more of a bench role in the 2015-16 season where in 15 minutes he averaged just over four points as well as 1.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists per match.
He won the Gaze medal for the Australian International Player of the Year in 2009 and 2012.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- 2012 London - 7th (basketball) 2008 Beijing - 7th (basketball)
- 12th – 2014 World Cup (Spain)
- 1st – 2013 Oceania Championships (Canberra & Auckland)
- Going to the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Competing at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Reynella East College (SA, Australia)
- Lake Ginninderra College (ACT, Australia)
Andrej Lamanis (2013 - current)
Utah Jazz (NBA) USA
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Port Douglas
- Favourite music
- Star Sign
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be