Jessica Fox will be aiming for her second Olympic medal after securing the single K1 canoe slalom spot for the 2016 Rio Games with her victory in the second Australian nomination trial at the Oceania Championships in Penrith, in February 2016.
In her debut Olympics, Fox produced one of the surprises of the 2012 London Games as the 18-year-old paddled to silver in the K1 event, outgunning all but one of her more experienced rivals.
Having parents who were both involved in the sport, Jess Fox grew up by the river. She competed in swimming before she started paddling at age 11 as rehabilitation after breaking her arm.
Her parents are both Olympians. Her father, Richard, competed for Great Britain in the K1 at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, finishing fourth and was a 5-time World Champion. He has been head coach and section manager for the Australian canoe/kayak team. Her mother, Myriam, competed for France at the 1992 Barcelona and 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, winning bronze in Atlanta in the K1. She was a 2-time World Champion and was a slalom coach at the 2004 and 2008 Games for Australia. A love for the water runs in the family as she competed against her younger sister, Noemie Fox, for the single elusive K1 Olympic spot.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Canoe/Kayak - Slalom
Leonay, NSW, Australia
- 2012 London - 2nd (K1)
- Singapore 2010 - 1st (K1)
- 2nd (K1) – 2016 Oceania Championships (Penrith, Australia)
- 13th (K1) – 2016 Australian Open (Penrith, Australia)
- 4th (K1) – 2015 ICF World Championships (London, Great Britain)
- 1st (K1) – 2015 ICF U23 World Championships (Foz do Iguassu, Brazil)
- 1st (K1) – 2015 National Championships (Eildon, Australia)
- Double World Champion (k1/c1) in Deep Creek USA 2014
- Olympic Silver medallist 2012 in London
- 4th place K1 and World Champion C1 at the 2015 World Championships in London
- Leonay Public School & Glenbrook Primary School (NSW, Australia)
- Blaxland High School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor Social Science (Psychology) - Swinburne online 2013- present
Myriam Fox (2009 - current)
NSWIS / AIS
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Mango and chocolate
- Favourite holiday destination
- Marseille in france, New York
- Star Sign
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Slalom skiing or equestrian
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Tony Estanguet - triple Olympic Champion in London