After bursting onto the national hockey scene in 2013, Jane-Anne ‘Jane’ Claxton will make her Olympic debut in Rio in the midfield for the Hockeyroos.
Claxton won gold at the 2013 Australian Youth Olympic Festival with a 2-1 victory over China. The same year she was crowned the South Australian Sports Institute Junior Female Athlete of the Year.
She secured herself as a regular in the Hockeyroos in 2013 when she helped win gold at the Oceania Cup and the World League Semi-Final, as well as silver in with World League Final. In 2014 she helped Australia claim gold at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games and silver at the Netherlands World Cup.
2015 was a huge year for the midfielder, being selected in all the major international tournaments. She also bought a house in Perth with her partner and Australian canoeist Todd Brewer, and welcomed ‘Hugo’ the sausage dog into her family – who even has his own Instagram account.
The Adelaide-born athlete credits her father Bob, current secretary of the Oceania Hockey Federation, and her brother for her entry into hockey. At the age of six she began playing in a mixed gender competition, and although the rough and tumble of playing with the boys nearly put her off, she has never looked back.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Carlisle, WA, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 2nd - 2016 International Hockey Tournament (Darwin, Australia)
- 4th – 2016 Champions Trophy (London, England)
- 6th – 2015 World League Final (Rosario, Argentina)
- 1st – 2015 Oceania Cup (Stratford, New Zealand)
- 3rd – 2015 World League Semi-Final (Antwerp, Belgium)
- World Cup silver
- Commonwealth games gold
- Marryatville primary
- Seymour college
- Occupational therapy
Adam Commens 3 years
Burnside, Adelaide, SA, Aus
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Anything sweet
- Favourite holiday destination
- Dream car
- Land Rover sport
- Personal Motto
- Trading hard, fight easy
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Anything to do with homewares
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Why this sport?
- Love being apart of a team