Jacob Hansford, from Blacktown in Sydney’s west, booked his ticket to the Rio Olympic Games when he was fifth in the stacked 200m freestyle at the selection trials to secure a coveted spot in the 4x200m relay team. He was also fifth in the 400m freestyle.
The 20-year-old made his international debut in 2015 at the World University Games in South Korea where he swam to silver in the 4x200m relay and an individual bronze in the men’s 200m freestyle.
The 2015 Hong Kong World Cup proved to be another career highlight for Hansford after he took home the bronze medal in the men’s 200m behind fellow Aussie Dan Smith.
Hansford trains at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre and divides his time between training in the pool and working at the Blacktown Workers Club.
Raised in a family of swimmers, Hansford first jumped in the pool when he was four and never looked back. When he’s not in the pool or pouring beers, Hansford studies at the Australian College of Physical Education where he is completing a Bachelor of sports business. He played rugby league all through high school.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
4 x 200m Freestyle Relay Men
Baulkham Hills, NSW, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 5th (200m) – 2016 Australian Swimming Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 5th (400m) – 2016 Australian Swimming Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 3rd (200m Freestyle) 2015 World Cup (Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
- 3rd (4x200m Freestyle Relay)– 2015 World University Games (Gwangju City, South Korea)
- 2nd (200m Freestyle)– 2015 World University Games (Gwangju City, South Korea)
- Bronze in 200m free at 2015 World University Games
- Silver in 4x200m free 2015 world university games
- Australian college of physical education (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Sports Business
Adam Kable 2014-current
Sopac, Sydney Olympic park, nsw, Australia
Primary Training Base
- I have a routine before I race
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- Old school hip/hop and rap
- Dream car
- Audi R8
- Personal Motto
- Work hard and be good to your mother
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- A steak at the high flyer
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Water polo
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- 2008 men's 4x100 freestyle relay
- First Olympic Memory?
- Ian Thorpe 2000
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Michael Phelps