As one of the newest faces on the Hockeyroos squad, Georgina Morgan proved herself to be worthy of the green and gold with a penalty corner drag flick that secured Australia’s 2-1 victory over the home team, Argentina at the 2015 World League Final. Her signature drag flick has also led the nation to a 1-nil victory over China in the opening round of the tournament.
Born in Armidale in the Northern Tablelands, Morgan picked up her first hockey stick as a six-year-old. She played in the local competition during school, as well as the NSW state representative team.
At 17, Morgan was selected to tour Asia with the 2010 Australian All Schools Team.
She made her first international appearance for the Hockeyroos during a test series against New Zealand in 2014. The following year she helped Australia win gold at the Oceania Cup and the Hawkes Bay Cup, both in New Zealand. Two years after her Hockeyroos debut, the defender will compete at her first Olympic Games in Rio.
She is currently studying a Bachelor of Applied Science, majoring in Exercise Physiology at the University of Sydney. She hopes to take up a clinic position in Physiotherapy later down the track.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Armidale, NSW, Australia
Perth, WA, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 2nd - 2016 International Hockey Tournament (Darwin, Australia)
- 4th – 2016 Champions Trophy (London, England)
- 6th – 2015 World League Final (Rosario, Argentina)
- 1st – 2015 Oceania Cup (Stratford, New Zealand)
- Winning Hawkes Bay Cup in New Zealand, 2015
- Winning Oceania Cup in New Zealand, 2015
- Playing my first major tournament at World League Finals in Argentina, 2015
- Ben Venue Public School (NSW, Australia)
- Duval High School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences - Exercise Physiology - Universty of Sydney (2012-)
Adam Commens (2015-current)
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- The beach or the snow
- Dream car
- Range Rover
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman 2000 Olympics
- First Olympic Memory?
- Hockeyroos gold medal at 2000 Olympics
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Why this sport?
- Team culture. Playing for your teammates