Ferenc Szekszardi was 24 when he moved to Australia from his homeland in Hungary. He first represented Australia at the World Championship level in 2010 and Rio 2016 will be his Olympic Team debut.
The WAIS athlete has only trained sparingly with his C2 1000 partner Martin Marinov but they will get a lot of quality training time together before the Games.
Even though he had never surfed before he moved to Australia, he became a surf life saver at Bondi Beach.
Szekszardi represented Australia at the World Championships in his birth town (Szeged, Hungary) in 2011.
He is a successful small business owner in the building industry.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Canoe/Kayak - Sprint
C1 200m Men, C2 1000m Men
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 1st (C2 1000) – 2016 National Sprint Championships (Perth, Australia)
- 4th (C1 1000) - 2016 National Sprint Championships (Perth, Australia)
- 4th (C1 200) - 2016 National Sprint Championships (Perth, Australia)
- 2nd (C2 1000) – 2016 Oceania Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- World Cup gold medal, Zagreb, Croatia 2001
- 14th place at World Championship 2010 & 2011 representing Australia
- Bachelor degree of Business & Sports Management, Semmelweis University, Hungary
György Zala 2014- present
Bays water Paddlesports Club, Bayswater, Australia
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite holiday destination