A member of the 2013 Australian Youth Olympic Festival Sevens team that won gold in Sydney, Evania ‘Vani’ Pelite is a dual international, having also represented her country in touch football.
Brisbane-born Pelite grew up playing rugby league and touch football before she turned to rugby sevens. She was a member of the Queensland Schoolgirls side that won the 2012 National Rugby Sevens Tournament on the Gold Coast.
At 17 years-old the utility made her International debut with the Aussie side in Amsterdam in 2013. With 32 World Series games under her belt, Pelite has scored a total of 20 tries over her relatively short sevens career.
The 21-year-old helped Australia win the nation’s first ever World Series in the 2015/2016 season. Pelite will be one of the youngest in the squad when rugby sevens makes its Olympic debut in Rio 2016.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Rugby - Sevens
Rugby Sevens Women
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Deception Bay, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 2nd - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – France Sevens (Clermont-Ferrand, France)
- 1st - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Atlanta Sevens (Atlanta, USA)
- 1st - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- 1st - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Dubai Sevens (Dubai, UAE)
- Winning the World Series and then getting getting selected to play at Rio 2016.
- Winning Gold at the 2013 Youth Olympic Festival in Sydney, Australia.
- Qualifying with the team for the Rio Olympics during the last leg of our IRB circuit in Amsterdam, 2015.
- Hercules Road State School (QLD, Australia)
- St Columbans College Caboolture (QLD, Australia)
Tim Walsh (2013- current)
Primary Training Base
Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen AUS
- Favourite music
- Personal Motto
- I will always give 100% for myself and my team
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman, Sydney 2000
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Why this sport?
- I love the physicality of the game and also have the ability to show our attacking skills