Alongside fellow Rio 2016 Team member Emma Moffatt, Erin Densham will become the first Australian triathlete to compete at three Olympic Games in Rio as she looks to improve on her London 2012 bronze medal.
Densham competed in swimming and cross country at state level when at school and decided to combine her strengths at 16 when she took up triathlon. She announced herself on the world triathlon scene when she won the U/23 World Championship in Switzerland.
Winning the Triathlon Australia Emerging Athlete of the Year in 2007, Densham went on to compete at her first Olympic Games in Beijing alongside Emma Snowsill and Emma Moffatt, where she finished 22nd on debut.
In 2009, Densham was diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia (racing heartbeat) and was forced to drop out of several major competitions and eventually have surgery. Making a remarkable recovery, Densham proved herself at the 2010 French Triathlon Club Championships with a series of consistent performances which saw the now 31-year-old was selected on her second Olympic Team.
Densham went on to claim the bronze medal at London in a thrilling sprint finish and will be looking to impress again at Rio in her third Olympic bid.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- 2008 Beijing - 22nd (triathlon) 2012 London - 3rd (triathlon)
- 3rd - 2015 Cozumel ITU Triathlon World Cup (Cozumel, Mexico)
- 6th - 2015 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm (Stockholm, Sweden)
- 1st - 2015 OTU Cross Triathlon Oceania Championships (Snowy Mountains, Australia)
- 12th - 2015 ITU World Triathlon London (London, England)
- 3rd – 2012 Olympic Games (London, England)
- Becoming the U/23 World Triathlon Champion in Switzerland, 2006
- 2012 Bronze Medal at London Olympic Games
- Ruse Primary School (NSW, Australia)
- John Therry Catholic High School (NSW, Australia)
- Certificate 3 in Fitness
Primary Training Base
Victoria, BC, Canada
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Costa Blanca, Spain
- Favourite music
- Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B
- Star Sign
- Tattoos - 5 Piercings - 7
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be