Dual Olympian Emily Seebohm will take to the pool in Rio in the 100m and 200m backstroke as well as the 4x100m medley relay after dominating her 10th National Championships in Adelaide.
Seebohm qualified for the Games on day three of the trials with a win in the 100m backstroke over Madison Wilson in a time of 58.73, just 0.47 off the time which won her last year’s world title. Seebohm claimed the silver medal behind team member, Belinda Hocking in the 200m event unable to secure the double as she did at World Championship last year.
One of the standout Australian swimmers in 2015, Seebohm became only the fifth woman in history - and first Australian to claim the 100m-200m double at World Championships in Kazan, Russia, alongside boyfriend and fellow World Champion Mitch Larkin.
The Brisbane Grammar Swimming club athlete, coached by David Lush, will be looking to finish one higher than the London Games, where she qualified fastest for the 100m backstroke final but was beaten by Missy Franklin of the USA by 0.35 seconds.
Seebohm has three tattoos, including the Olympic rings on the top of her back. She relaxes outside of the water riding her horse Platinum and practicing her pole dancing.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
100m Backstroke Women, 200m Backstroke Women, 4 x 100m Medley Relay Women
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- 2012 London - 2nd (100m backstroke), 1st (4x100m freestyle - heat only), 2nd (4x100m medley) 2008 Beijing - 1st (4x100m medley), 9th (100m backstroke)
- 1st (100m backstroke) - 2016 Brisbane Grand Prix (Brisbane, Australia)
- 1st (200m backstroke), 1st (100m backstroke) - 2016 Santa Clara Grand Prix (Santa Clara, USA)
- 1st (100m backstroke), 2nd (200m backstroke) – 2016 Australian Swimming Championships (Adelaide, Australia)
- 1st (100m backstroke), 1st (200m backstroke) – 2015 World Championships (Kazan, Russia)
- 1st (100m backstroke) – 2015 World Cup Dubai (UAE)
- Winning eight medals at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games
- Dual World Champion at the 2015 World Championships
- Saint Joseph's Primary School (QLD, Australia)
- Saint John Fisher Girls College (QLD, Australia)
David Lush (2015 - current)
Primary Training Base
- I always make sure I put my cap on from the back of my head to the front.
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- Personal Motto
- Be the best you can be
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- I have three tattoos- the Olympic rings on the top of my back, a star on my ankle and the Latin word meaning breathe on my wrist.
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be