Emily, at 18 years old, is the second youngest member of the Australian Synchronized Swimming Team. She took up synchro in 2012 and showed her potential by making the National squad only 2 years later.
When in Victoria, Emily trains with the Golden Fish Synchronized Swimming Club at Victorian University Footscray with coach Anna Nepotacheva. She also spends much time training with the team in camps in Perth and at the AIS in Canberra.
Emily has competed with the National team in Canada, Spain, Japan and also helped Australian secure Olympic qualification at the Fina World Championships in Kazan, Russia in 2015.
Outside of Synchronized Swimming, Emily is looking forward to studying in the sports/health profession once her Olympic commitments are completed.
Another career highlight was finishing second in the junior solo category at the 2015 Commonwealth Festival.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Auchenflower, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- Qualifying Australia for the 2016 Rio olympics at the world championships in Kazan 2015
- Placing second in the junior solo event at the synchronised swimming commonwealth festival in Perth 2015
- Competing my first ever solo at nationals in perth 2012
- Our lady of the Nativity (VIC, Australia)
- St Columbas College (VIC, Australia)
Anna Nepotacheva 2011- current
Golden Fish synchronised swimming club (Footscray,VIC, Australia)
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Can only put my nose clip on right before I step out on stage
- Favourite food
- Lasagne and cadbury black forest chocolate
- Favourite holiday destination
- Hawaii and Noosa
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- Personal Motto
- If you want to succeed as much as you want to breath that's when you know you'll be successful
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Coffee with friends
- I would get the Olympic rings in the future to symbolise the journey i gave been on and would place it on my lower hip so it can still be seen in a swim suit.
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- boxing/ speed walking
- First Olympic Memory?
- Waking up early to watch the Olympic opening ceremony's
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Mum- has always believed and supported me in everything that I put my mind to
- Why this sport?
- Joined both my loves for dancing and swimming/ the costumes are pretty awesome