Domonic Bedggood will make his Olympic debut at Rio after being selected to dive in the men’s 10m platform at the Rio 2016 Games.
He secured his spot on the 2016 Team with a dominant performance at the Australian Open Championships in the platform, which doubled as a Rio selection event.
The Gold Coast resident took up the sport after he broke his back in a high bar incident doing gymnastics.
Coached by Xiangning Chen, Bedggood won the 2014 Commonwalth gold medal in the 10m synchro with Matthew Mitcham.
Over the past 12 months Bedggood has impressed across the globe, with silver at the Spanish Grand Prix in 2015, 6th at the World Series in Russia and a bronze at the FINA Mexico Grand Prix.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
10m Platform Men
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- 1st – 2016 Australian Open Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- 6th – 2016 World Series (Kazan, Russia)
- 11th – 2016 World Series (Windsor, Canada)
- 8th – 2016 FINA World Cup (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2008 - Regional, State & National Champion Mens L8 U15
- Belmont State School Queensland Australia
- Holland Park High Queensland Australia
Sergei Chinkar 2004 - current
Primary Training Base
Chandler, Queensland, Australia
- Favourite food
- Acai Bowl
- Favourite holiday destination
- New York
- Favourite music
- Love all music
- Dream car
- Audi Sports