Danielle Prince will twist and twirl in Barra, after being selected to make her debut at the Rio 2016 Games.
The Queenslander won a gold medal in the teams event at the Dehli 2010 Commonwealth Games but was beaten for selection for the London 2012 Games by fellow Australian Janine Murray.
The university student, who wants to be a primary school physical education teacher, trains twice a day for around six to seven hours. Her training includes Pilates and ballet classes.
The 2016 National Champion’s main training base is in Brisbane at the Premier Gymnastics Academy. In 2015 she split her time between Australia and Esprit Gymnastics in Swindon, England. Her routine will also feature help from around the world. Prince has chosen a music score written by a composer in Italy, all her routines were choreographed in Helsinki and leotards designed in Italy.
She was Oceania’s highest ranked competitor at last year’s World Championships which secured a quota spot for Rio. She counts Anna Meares winning gold at London 2012 as her Olympic inspiration.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Gymnastics - Rhythmic
Individual AllAround Women
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut.
- 1st (Individual All Around, All Around Team, Hoop, Ball, Clubs & Ribbon apparatus finals) - 2016 Australian National Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- 3rd (Ball, Clubs & Ribbon - Apparatus Finals) - 2016 Pacific Rim Championships (Washington, USA)
- 78th (Individual All Around) - 2015 World Championships (Stuttgart, Germany)
- 1st (Individual All Around, All Around Team, Hoop, Ball, Clubs & Ribbon apparatus finals) - 2015 Australian National Championships (Melbourne, Australia)
- Scoring the Rio 2016 quota spot after the World Championships.
- Winning the 2015 and 2016 National Championships.
- Finishing ninth all-around at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Gina Pelsuo 2008 - current
Premier Gymnastics Academy
Primary Training Base
Premier Gymnastics Academy, Manly West, Brisbane.
Secondary Training Base
Esprit Gymnastics, Swindon, England
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Star Sign
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Anna Meares in London 2012