At just 19 years-old, Casey Sablowski (nee Eastham) was the youngest Hockeyroo competing at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games that finished fifth. The following year she was crowned the International Hockey Federation World Young Player of the Year.
In 2009 and 2010 she was named in the World Hockey Team. In 2012 she competed in her second Olympic Games in London, finishing fifth again. She will contend her third games in Rio as the second most capped player after duel Olympian and captain Madonna Blyth
Born in Shellharbour, Sablowski began playing hockey at the age of five. In 2007 the talented midfielder won a silver medal at the Australian Youth Olympic Festival. She is a duel Commonwealth Games gold medalist, taking out the title in penalty shootouts in both Delhi and Glasgow.
She married her partner Scott in Bali in 2014 before signing a hockey contract with Dutch club Pinoke. In 2015, Sablowski divided her time between Australia and Amsterdam while she participated in the Hoofdklasse league.
Her cousin, Australian 1500m record holder Ryan Gregson joined Sablowski at the 2012 London Games, the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and has qualified for the Rio Games.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Shellharbour, NSW, Australia
Shellharbour, NSW, Australia
- 2012 London - 5th (Hockey) 2008 Beijing - 5th (Hockey)
- 2nd - 2016 International Hockey Tournament (Darwin, Australia)
- 4th – 2016 Champions Trophy (London, England)
- 3rd – 2015 World League Semi-Final (Antwerp, Belgium)
- 1st – 2014 Commonwealth Games (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Winning two gold medals at consecutive commonwealth games tournaments through penalty shoot outs (Delhi 2010 & Glasgow 2014).
- Competing in my first Olympic Games tournament in Beijing 2008 aged 19.
- Being named Junior World Player of the year in 2009 and also being named in the world team in 2009 & 2010.
- Albion Park Primary School (NSW, Australia)
- Albion Park High School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Primary Education, Murdoch University WA (2009-current)
Adam Commens (2011-current)
Albion Park, South Coast NSW, Australia & Westside Wolves, Perth WA, Australia
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- I always put my left shin pad on before my right.
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- All kinds
- Dream car
- Personal Motto
- It's not whether you get knocked down, It's whether you get back up that counts.
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- Give it to a person in need
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- 2004 Olympics in Athens Mens Hockey Gold medal match
- First Olympic Memory?
- Watching the Hockey at the Sydney Olympics with my dad
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- my mum
- Why this sport?
- whole family played