Cameron Clark made his Australian debut in 2012 in Wellington and has now played at 30 World Series competitions. Since his first match in the green and gold he has established himself as a reliable option in the squad’s backline and is often utilised as a goal kicker.
The Auckland-born back represented Australia in the national schoolboys side in 2011, along with Rio 2016 teammate Allan Fa'alava'au. The same year he was a member of the Australian Commonwealth Youth Games Team that won bronze in the Isle of Man.
In 2014, he won bronze at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games to cap off a remarkable 2013-14 Sevens World Series where Clark was named in the Men's Sevens Team of the Year. He passed the 500-point mark during the 2014-15 season and now has 632 World Series points to his name.
The son of rugby commentator Greg Clark, he first touched a rugby ball as an eight-year-old when he led the NSW Waratahs out at the Sydney Football Stadium in 2001 for a clash against the Queensland Reds.
Off the pitch Clark completed a Bachelor of Business from the Swinburne University of Technology.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
Rugby - Sevens
Rugby Sevens Men
Auckland, New Zealand
Fairlight, NSW, Australia
- Rio 2016 will Olympic debut
- 6th - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Paris Sevens (Paris, France)
- 7th - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Singapore Sevens (Singapore)
- 4th - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Hong Kong Sevens (Hong Kong)
- 2nd - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – USA Sevens (Las Vegas, USA)
- 2nd - 2015-16 Sevens World Series – Sydney Sevens (Sydney, Australia)
- Winning Commonwealth Games bronze at the Glasgow 2014 Games.
- Winning Commonwealth Youth Games bronze in the Isle of Man in 2011.
- Qualifying and being selected for Rio 2016.
- St Ives North Public School (NSW, Australia)
- Knox Grammar School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Business - Swinburne University
Andy Friend (2016 - current)
Northern Suburbs, Australia
Sydney Academy of Sport
Primary Training Base
- Left boot always on first. Tighten laces in the tunnel before I run out
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Favourite music
- Little bit of everything
- Dream car
- Aston Martin DB9
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman 400m, Sydney Olympics
- First Olympic Memory?
- Eric the eel, Sydney 2000
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Why this sport?
- Love team sports. Faster version of the 15 man game