Pistol shooter Blake Blackburn will make his Olympic debut in Rio, a journey that started 12 years earlier when he was 12 and began shooting with his grandparents.
Blackburn secured his first senior national title when he won the 10m air pistol event in Cessnock in 2014 to see him gain selection on his first Commonwealth Games Team.
He went on to compete in the 10m air pistol event in Glasgow. He scored a qualification mark of 562 to see him miss out on the final and finish in 14th. Australian teammate Daniel Repacholi went on to win the gold in the event.
After a bronze and silver medal in the 2013 Oceania Championships he won his first Continental Championship in 2015 after shooting a score of 196.8 in the final. The result followed his second national title in the year.
From Newcastle, NSW he is a bartender and works under the guidance of the National High Performance Coach Vladimir Galiabovitch.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
10m Air Pistol Men
Fairfield, NSW, Australia
Cessnock, NSW, Australia
- Rio will be Olympic debut
- 48th (10m) – ISSF World Cup (Baku, Azerbaijan)
- 2nd (10m) – 2016 Australia Cup 2 (Sydney, Australia)
- 6th (10m) – 2016 Australia Cup 1 (Sydney, Australia)
- 1st (10m) – 2015 Oceania Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 1st (10m) – 2015 Shooting Australia Grand Prix (Sydney, Australia)
- Winning the Oceania Championships.
- Winning the National Championships in 2014 and 2015
- Qualifying for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
- Seven Hills West Srimary School (NSW, Australia)
- Mount View High School (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of psychology - University of Newcastle
Cessnock pistol club, nsw, australia
Primary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Pork belly
- Favourite holiday destination
- Gold Coast
- Favourite music
- Dream car
- 69 charger
- Star Sign
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Rugby Sevens
- First Olympic Memory?
- Cathy Freeman at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games
- Why this sport?
- It's a sport you can participate with your family.