A third place finish at the 2016 Australian Athletics Championships has booked Annelise Rubie on the plane to the Rio Games where she will make her Olympic debut. In July, Rubie was added to the 4x400m relay team for Rio.
Rubie first appeared on the international sporting stage in 2010 at the IAAF World Junior Championships in Moncton, Canada where she placed fifth in her 400m semi-final.
In 2014 she made the 400m semi-finals at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games and placed fourth in the final for the 4 x 400m relay. With her teammates Morgan Mitchell, Jess Gulli and Lyndsay Perkin made the final of the 2015 World Relays in Nassau, Bahamas to qualify Australia a lane at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Rubie was crowned the 400m National Champion in 2015 and made the 400m semi-final with a personal best time and Olympic qualifying time at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing. She ran in the 4 x 400m relay in Beijing where the team (Gulli, Wells, Mitchell) ran the fastest Australian time in 13 years.
The Sydney born athlete studies a Bachelor of Arts at Sydney University and divides her time between Sydney and Melbourne, where her coach Peter Fortune is based.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
4 x 400m Relay Women, 400m Women
Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- 3rd (400m) – 2016 Meeting Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- 3rd (400m) – 2016 Australian Athletics Championships (Sydney, Australia)
- 2nd (400m) – 2016 Queensland Track Classic (Brisbane, Australia)
- 3rd (400m) – 2016 Melbourne IAAF World Challenge (Melbourne, Australia)
- 22nd (400m) – 2015 IAAF World Championships (Beijing, China)
- Setting a PB in the 400m at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, and making the semi-final running 51.69
- Winning the Australian 400m Championships 2015
- Making the semi-finals at the Commonwealth Games in the 400m in Glasgow, in 2014
- Sydney University
- Bachelor of Arts
Sydney University Athletics Club, NSW, Australia
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
- Favourite food
- Favourite holiday destination
- Barcelona, Spain
- Dream car
- BMW M3
- Star Sign
- I would spend my last $10 on
- If I could try another Olympic sport it would be
- Most Inspiring Olympic Performance?
- Cathy Freeman's Sydney 2000 400m gold medal & David Rudisha's London 2012 800m gold medal and WR
- First Olympic Memory?
- Sydney 2000, watching the athletics and gymnastics with my family
- Most Influential person in your career/life
- Mother and Father