After taking up the sport eight years ago, Amie Thompson will make her synchronised swimming Olympic debut in Rio after a strong performance at trials in April in Perth.
The Perth based athlete moved from Sydney aged 17, to pursue her Olympic dream.
Thompson studies Mining Engineering at university in Perth.
Her earliest career highlight was being selected as a reserve for the 2011 FINA World Championships Team at 15.
Thompson was part of the successful 2015 World Championships team which qualified Australia for Rio by finishing higher than New Zealand.
All copy on this page is copyright © Australian Olympic Committee. Do not reproduce without permission.
- Rio 2016 will be Olympic debut
- Swimming in the team that qualified Australia for a spot for Rio in Synchronised Swimming - this was at the FINA World Championships in 2015.
- Coming 2nd in the Junior Duet event at Oceania Championships 2012.
- St Johns Primary School (London, England)
- MLC (NSW, Australia)
- Bachelor of Engineering - Curtin University of Technology (2014 - Current)
West Coast Splash, Perth, WA, Australia
WA Institute of Sport
Primary Training Base
Secondary Training Base
Canberra, ACT (AIS)
- Dream car
- Hippie Combi
- Personal Motto
- Carpe Diem - I always try to live in the moment and seize the day!!
- Star Sign